Monday, April 25, 2016

4-24-2016

This is one of our investigators, Sister Loida.  She's the one in the middle on the right.

Hey Mom,


Thanks for the email.  I always love to hear what is going on in your lives.  It sounds so busy.  


But this week for me has been a pretty tiring week.  Elder Villanueva and I have been working and working and working.  We have currently decided to switch some things up in our area because our area is just kind of dead.  So it has just been very exhausting and we have had to walk a looooooooot,  but it's still good.  We are looking forward to getting stuff done this upcoming week.  We should also be having some baptisms coming up.  We should hopefully be getting Sister Camilla baptized, but we are still waiting on her birth certificate to arrive so that she can get married.  She actually got it last week, but all the info was wrong so they had to send it back.  So we are just being patient for the time being.  hopefully she will be able to get baptized before Elder V leaves to go to Hawaii.  But we'll see.


So I guess I will share a scripture with you this week that seemed to stick out for me.  It's in Alma 37:6-7 if I remember correctly.  it is about how through small and simple means, great things are brought to pass.  I read that and thought how true that is.  Even the plan of God is simple, well in a way.  So simple that even a child can understand it, yet so complex it will take an eternity to fully understand it.  That means that we just need to continue in our learning and progress in the church, but slowly and a little by little.  We just need to make sure we are doing all the small and simple things in our lives so that we can learn and grow.  It's just all about simplification.  Even simplifying our lives. They don't have to be complex, just focus on the simple and small things and the plan of God for us.  So that is one thing that I have noticed this week.  I think it really stuck out to me cause we have been a little stressed out over our area because we have been trying some new things and not much is happening.  But maybe we just need to simplify what we are doing and just continue and not worry about things that are not happening but think about the things we can do with our time here.So thats just my little spiritual thought for you.


So sorry for the short letter.  I'm going to try and send you guys some pictures.  it would be great if you guys could do the same.  But I love you and the family.  Please make sure that they know it.  I will talk to you guys soon.  I am excited to personally wish you a happy Mother’s day on the 8th of May!  But love you all and I’ll see you!


love,

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment